Civil Engineer - 4 Day Work Week
$75,000 to $120,000 Annually
Granite Engineering is seeking a qualified Civil Engineer with past experience in the land development industry. The position is a flexible work position with only 32 hrs per week required, with the ability to work more hours as desired (40+ if desired). The successful candidate can choose to work four 8-hr days, Monday - Thursdays, and enjoy full day Fridays off! The salary listed is based on a standard 40-hr work week and will proportionally vary based on the desired number of work hours.
An ideal candidate has:
- Performs computer aided drafting and design using AutoCAD.
- Performs engineering assignments and designs for simple to moderately complex land development projects, under the direct supervision of a registered professional engineer.
- Performs site civil engineering evaluations and designs including: site selection and feasibility studies based on engineering parameters; conceptual layout of site engineering systems; site grading and earthwork balancing; hydrologic and hydraulic analyses for storm water management, wetland design or preservation and determining flood water elevations; roads, streets, sidewalks, driveways, parking and other vehicular connections; site utility infrastructure including storm drains, culverts, pipelines, drainage improvements, sanitary sewers, water mains, utility duct banks, and utility service coordination.
- Prepares permit applications for site design and construction approvals.
- Prepares and reviews construction documents including quantity and cost estimates, plans, specifications, and contractor submittals.
- Performs project management and direct management of engineering staff (desired, not required).
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of related engineering experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and HydroCAD software.
- The ability to communicate effectively and follow written/oral instructions.
- The ability to contribute to and participate in a team environment.